Log Home Decorating
Contemporary Style Log Homes
Swedish Modern Log Home. I love how the accent piece blends right in with the wall finish, and how about that stair run? Very cool twist in a log home.
Ideas to help you create rustic sophistication in your log home!
Log home designs and decor offer so much more than the country cabin that so many people equate with a log home, and Contemporary Log Home Decorating is definitely an avenue that creates drama and sophistication.
remember when we lived in our 3,000 sq.ft.+ log home how some friends
would ask us about our ‘log cabin’ ...it was far from that!
No matter the size of your rustic residence, if you are thinking of swinging toward the contemporary styling spectrum, here are some helpful ideas for you.
Contemporary Log Home Decorating Ideas
What makes a contemporary style log residence different than a traditional log home? See my comments below this image.
- The ceilings are 10 foot high or better and there is an abundance of natural light coming from door walls and windows.
- Interior wood finishes are lighter tones...no dark, heavy wood tones in contemporary log style decor.
- Flooring may be wood or tile, with berber carpet in the bedrooms, for example.
- Other elements such as iron and glass
will be a part of the home’s decor. Iron might be found on stair
railings, cabinet pulls, table bases and lamp bases, for example. Glass
front cabinets and table tops would lend themselves to contemporary log
- The color palette will be consistent with conventional contemporary home decor, with black, white and neutral shades forming the base of colors. Bold colorful accents are included as well, and may be found in area rugs, artwork and accessories.
is another area where the contemporary style will be displayed. In our
lodge style log home we had very large, rustic chandeliers with iron
trees, bear and moose. No such designs in a contemporary log
home...clean and streamlined lighting will be consistent with the theme,
although a dramatic lighting statement in the foyer or great room is
also a good choice.
- Case goods such as tables, beds,
dressers, etc. may be constructed of wood, even log, but the finish is
smooth, with straight lines or geometric shapes.
- Upholstered furniture may be over sized, fabric, or leather and with a contemporary look and feel.
Overall design advice would be to keep the home open and flowing, with a careful eye on over-accessorizing and cluttering up the space.
Have fun creating your own unique contemporary style look in your log home!
Why I Love Wayfair.com...
- It's my go-to source for personal purchases, clients and home staging inventory
- All decorating styles
- Incredible selection
- Unbeatable pricing
- Upfront shipping and delivery info
- Easy return process
- Read more & see what I buy at Wayfair!
...give Wayfair a try...you'll love it too!